Saturday’s post: James Stewart
I almost made this the mystery post leaving you to guess who TCM was featuring for Summer Under the Stars on Sunday! Ralph Bellamy is typically the second male lead, and so we have a wide variety of movies and stars airing throughout the day Sunday with it even beginning to feel a bit like Cary Grant night during Prime Time hours!
For a full appreciation of Bellamy himself be sure to see him as Franklin Roosevelt in Sunrise at Campobello at 11:30 pm. My recollection is that it plays a bit long but that Bellamy’s characterization of the President is dead on.
There’s a nice handful of pre-code titles squeezed across Sunday as well, plus The Wolf Man at 6:45 which is always worth a watch. Here’s the entire schedule of movies featuring Ralph Bellamy on TCM Sunday:
Ralph Bellamy on TCM, Sunday, August 14
- 6:00 am – Carefree (1938)
- 7:30 am – The Secret Six (1931)
- 9:00 am – Headline Shooter (1933)
- 10:15 am – Picture Snatcher (1933)
- 11:45 am – The Wedding Night (1935)
- 1:15 pm – Let Us Live (1939)
- 2:30 pm – Dive Bomber (1941)
- 4:45 pm – The Professionals (1966)
- 6:45 pm – The Wolf Man (1941)
- 8:00 pm – His Girl Friday (1940)
- 9:45 pm – The Awful Truth (1937)
- 11:30 pm – Sunrise at Campobello (1960)
- 2:00 am – The Narrow Corner (1933)
- 3:15 am – Girls’ School (1938)
- 4:30 am – West of Broadway (1931)
*All times EST
Below is a neat old card featuring Ralph Bellamy that was issued by Cracker Jack in 1934. They’re pretty rare to see in any form, especially when the old collector did not “Write Movie Star’s Name Here.” You’d need to ID actors on three different cards, then send them into Cracker Jack to be granted admission into the Cracker Jack Mystery Club.
There were more Ralph Bellamy articles in the Search than I expected to find! Of course you’ll be rewarded for searching titles such as His Girl Friday or The Awful Truth, but following are a few articles that put the focus on Bellamy himself:
- Robby Cress at Dear Old Hollywood wrote Ralph Bellamy Arrives in Hollywood, Has Dinner With Clark Gable just earlier this year
- Genevieve at Classic Film Oasis writes Sidekick: Ralph Bellamy
- From KC at Classic Movies we have Ralph Bellamy: The Man Left Behind
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Ralph Bellamy, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Ralph Bellamy Found! August 14 on TCM Summer Under the Stars