Friday’s post: Peter Lawford
DVR Alert! 9 movies on the TCM Linda Darnell Summer Under the Stars schedule are making their TCM premieres! While I’ve bumped into several of these on the Fox Movie Channel, Saturday offers a great opportunity to grab some rarer titles, especially for those of you who don’t have Fox. Those movies airing on TCM for the first time are marked with an asterisk (*) below.
Linda Darnell on TCM, Saturday, August 27
- 6:00 am – Zero Hour! (1957)
- 7:30 am – Sweet and Low-Down * (1944)
- 9:00 am – Rise and Shine * (1941)
- 10:45 am – Brigham Young * (1940)
- 12:45 pm – Two Flags West * (1950)
- 2:30 pm – Second Chance (1953)
- 4:00 pm – Blackbeard the Pirate (1952)
- 6:00 pm – Fallen Angel * (1945)
- 8:00 pm – A Letter to Three Wives * (1948)
- 10:00 pm – Star Dust * (1940)
- 11:30 pm – Hangover Square (1945)
- 1:00 am – No Way Out (1950)
- 3:00 am – Everybody Does It * (1949)
- 4:45 am – Day-Time Wife * (1939)
*All times EST; Schedule for TCM in the U.S.
One of the more popular movie collectibles out there, Linda Darnell is shown on a 1946 Dixie Premium Photo in promotion of Centennial Summer. These were issued from the early 1930’s into the early 1950’s and were collected by redeeming the Dixie Cup lids you’d find on top of your ice cream cup. Rare, pretty, collectible:
- Linda Darnell Forever is an entire sub-site dedicated to Darnell inside ClassicMovieFavorites.com
- I really find the timeline profiles on GlamourGirlsOfTheSilverScreen.com useful, here’s Linda Darnell
- Lots of photos in the biographical post Linda Darnell (1923-1965) on Lolita’s Classics
- Laura’s Miscellaneous Musings reviews the Linda Darnell biography by Ronald L. Davis. Here’s a link to buy the title at Amazon: Hollywood Beauty: Linda Darnell and the American Dream (It’s on sale for $14.04 as I post this!)
- Speaking of reviews, here’s a few peeks at some of the titles TCM is airing on Saturday: Many, many weeks ago Fallen Angel, airing Saturday at 6 pm, was the Film Noir of the Week; Rupert at Classic Movies Digest reviews A Letter to Three Wives which airs at 8 pm; and Sidewalk Crossings looks at out 11:30 pm feature, Hangover Square.
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Linda Darnell, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Linda Darnell Found! August 27 on TCM Summer Under the Stars