Sunday’s post: Cary Grant
Ah, TCM, now this is the kind of Summer Under the Stars schedule I really like! Monday TCM gives us 24 hours of Joan Crawford including one of her biggest and most beloved titles, Mildred Pierce. They also squeeze a documentary into the Prime Time hours and fill the day with movies from the early 1930’s through the 1950’s.
There are a few over-played 1930’s and especially 40’s titles, but also plenty of lesser shown 1930’s titles that will have my DVR a-whirlin’! Titles this early 30’s fan will be sure to record include Forsaking All Others, I Live My Life, Possessed, and Sadie McKee, a couple of which I’ve seen and I couple I have not.
Joan Crawford on TCM, Monday, August 22
- 6:00 am – Forsaking All Others (1934)
- 7:30 am – I Live My Life (1935)
- 9:15 am – Love on the Run (1936)
- 10:45 am – When Ladies Meet (1941)
- 12:45 pm – Daisy Kenyon (1947)
- 2:30 pm – Flamingo Road (1949)
- 4:15 pm – Torch Song (1953)
- 6:00 pm – The Story of Esther Costello (1957)
- 8:00 pm – Possessed (1931)
- 9:30 pm – Joan Crawford: The Ultimate Movie Star (2002)
- 11:00 pm – Mildred Pierce (1945)
- 1:00 am – Sadie McKee (1934)
- 2:45 am – The Shining Hour (1938)
- 4:15 am – Montana Moon (1930)
*All times EST; Schedule for TCM in the U.S.
Another of my favorite tobacco card sets is this one, the 1934 Godfrey Phillips Stars of the Screen set, and today’s star, Joan Crawford, has a particularly attractive card thanks to the pink tint jazzing up an already attractive image. Plus I love the oval frame which adorns every card in the set:
- Just yesterday we had a star so big that someone had dedicated an entire site to them. Well, today’s star has two sites dedicated to her that are indexed by the Search, who knows how many more are out there: Legendary Joan Crawford and The Best of Everything: A Joan Crawford Encyclopedia have both been around awhile and are always worth a visit for the Joan fan.
- Doug Bonner at Boiling Sand covers when Joan Crawford Hosts the Hollywood Palace (October 1965)
- KC at Classic Movies comments on video footage of Joan Crawford and her daughters on What’s My Line back in 1961
- In Joan Crawford’s Wild Ride Robby Cress at Dear Old Hollywood retells a tale from Bob Thomas’ Crawford biography
- Here’s Rupert at Classic Movies Digest with Joan Crawford: The Phoenix from the Ashes about Joan’s comebacks and being a Hollywood survivor
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Joan Crawford, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Joan Crawford Found! August 22 on TCM Summer Under the Stars