Tuesday's post: Conrad Veidt
Earlier this month I mentioned that Ann Dvorak day was my most anticipated date on this August's TCM Summer Under the Stars schedule. Well, that's only because I own all of the Busby Berkeley titles, and a few others, that they're showing during Joan Blondell day!
If you like those Berkeley titles you might want to give the non-Buzz musical Colleen a try at noon EST. It's a little late and a little light, but it's good fun for fans of Joan, Dick and Ruby with some Warren & Dubin songs.
Central Park has been on my personal want list awhile now so I'll be sure to record that one--I recommend you do the same with that and Lawyer Man right after it! 8 pm EST brings another can't miss, at least for me, with James Cagney's debut in Sinners' Holiday. Lots of gems today along with a few I hope turn out to be gems!
Joan Blondell on TCM, Wednesday, August 24
- 6:00 am - The Reckless Hour (1931)
- 7:15 am - Big City Blues (1932)
- 8:30 am - Central Park (1932)
- 9:30 am - Lawyer Man (1933)
- 10:45 am - Traveling Saleslady (1935)
- 12:00 pm - Colleen (1936)
- 1:30 pm - We're in the Money (1935)
- 2:45 pm - Gold Diggers of 1933 (1933)
- 4:30 pm - Footlight Parade (1933)
- 6:30 pm - He Was Her Man (1934)
- 8:00 pm - Sinners' Holiday (1930)
- 9:15 pm - Dames (1934)
- 11:00 pm - Stand-In (1937)
- 12:45 am - Cry Havoc (1943)
- 2:30 am - Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter (1957)
- 4:15 am - Kona Coast (1968)
*All times EST; Schedule for TCM in the U.S.
Joan Blondell is highlighted on an oversized card from an oversized set. This Aguila Chocolate premium was one of 300 issued out of Uruguay sometime in the early 1930's. They're on more of a heavy paper than card stock and measure an impressive 3-3/16" X 4-1/2":
- Here's a brand new one up at my site, Immortal Ephemera, an article about Lawyer Man starring William Powell with Joan Blondell.
- TCM's Movie Morlocks blog has been having their own Joan Blondell blogathon all week long!
- Gary Sweeney at The Mightnight Palace reviewed Joan Blondell - A Life Between Takes by Matthew Kennedy, a book I enjoyed, but found a bit repetitive reading it right after Blondell's own 1972 novel Center Door Fancy, reviewed by Craig Clarke at Colet and Company.
- I enjoyed Richard Hourula's Love Letter to Joan Blondell on Riku Writes
- John Greco posted The Essential Joan Blondell on Twenty Four Frames a few years back ... they're almost all essential!
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google's focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM's Summer Under the Stars.
THREE GIRLS ABOUT TOWN / ORIG. U.S. 11X14 LOBBY CARD (JOAN BLONDELL)
Time Remaining: 8h
Buy It Now for only: $125.00
TOPPER RETURNS/JOAN BLONDELL+ROLAND YOUNG//L1J/ belgian poster
Time Remaining: 15h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $95.00
1940 ORIGINAL Joan Blondell oversize Photo by A L Whitey Schafer 10.75 X 13.5
Time Remaining: 16h 27m
Buy It Now for only: $124.95
HERE COME THE BRIDES BOBBY SHERMAN DAVID SOUL BRIDGET HANLEY JOAN BLONDELL SLIDE
Time Remaining: 17h 35m
Buy It Now for only: $39.99
Comments Off on Joan Blondell Found! August 24 on TCM Summer Under the Stars