Wednesday’s post: Humphrey Bogart
Thursday is one of TCM’s more intriguing selections for their Summer Under the Stars series when it puts the focus on Jean Gabin and features 13 films, all European in origin I do believe. I’m going to direct you immediately to the Classic links below for Jean Gabin as I must plead ignorance, or at least unfamiliarity with Thursday’s schedule. I know many classic film fans have been calling for TCM to air more foreign films, so Thursday should be a nice appetizer for them.
Jean Gabin on TCM, Thursday, August 18
- 6:00 am – Gueule d’amour (1937)
- 8:00 am – Remorques (1941)
- 9:30 am – Le Jour se lève (1939)
- 11:00 am – L’Air de Paris (1954)
- 1:00 pm – Leur dernière nuit (1953)
- 2:45 pm – Le Désordre et la nuit (1958)
- 4:30 pm – Maria Chapdelaine (1934)
- 6:00 pm – La Bandera (1935)
- 8:00 pm – Pépé le Moko (1937)
- 10:00 pm – Grand Illusion (1937)
- 12:00 am – La Bête humaine (1938)
- 2:00 am – Touchez pas au grisbi (1954)
- 4:00 am – Des gens sans importance (1955)
*All times EST
Jean Gabin is pictured in The Deserter on this British 1940 A and M Wix Cinema Cavalcade tobacco card, one of a few picturing Gabin in this set:
- I’m not entirely shocked, but the Classic Movie Search loves the site Films de France for Jean Gabin! They take up much of page 1 of the search, but I found their Jean Gabin biography the best introduction to Thursday’s featured star. Don’t overlook the right column on that page with links to reviews of each of Gabin’s films.
- Leaving Films de France, the Search does reveal some reviews of Gabin titles airing Thursday. The Stop Button looks at The Grand Illusion (1937, Jean Renoir), which airs at 10 pm EST.
- Right before that is Pepe le Moko which is reviewed on moviediva’s site.
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Jean Gabin, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Jean Gabin Found! August 18 on TCM Summer Under the Stars