Tuesday’s post: Joanne Woodward
Wednesday’s a big day for TCM Summer Under the Stars as the focus turns to one of the biggest stars of them all with Humphrey Bogart. This schedule is never going to make anyone 100% happy, but with only 24 hours a closer look shows that TCM put some thought into this. We’ve got a handful of early Bogie from the 1930’s; a pair of Bogie and Bacall pics; Bogie on the cusp and then breaking out with They Drive By Night (1940) and High Sierra (1941) then the prime 8 pm EST slot going appropriately to The Maltese Falcon (1941); there’s some 50’s Bogie towards the end of the night to close things out. Would I swap out a couple of titles, sure, but I give TCM an A+ for this one!
Humphrey Bogart on TCM, Wednesday, August 17
- 6:00 am – Bogart: The Untold Story (1996)
- 7:00 am – Bullets or Ballots (1936)
- 8:30 am – San Quentin (1937)
- 9:45 am – King of the Underworld (1939)
- 11:00 am – To Have and Have Not (1944)
- 12:45 pm – The Big Sleep (1946)
- 2:45 pm – High Sierra (1941)
- 4:30 pm – They Drive By Night (1940)
- 6:15 pm – In a Lonely Place (1950)
- 8:00 pm – The Maltese Falcon (1941)
- 10:00 pm – Sahara (1943)
- 12:00 am – Beat the Devil (1954)
- 2:00 am – The Caine Mutiny (1954)
- 4:15 am – Tokyo Joe (1949)
*All times EST
Humphrey Bogart with third wife, the actress Mayo Methot, and a few of their friends on a 5×7 Fan Photo:
No shortage of Bogie in the Classic Movie Search! So I went leisurely shopping, picking and choosing and tossing one of my own in the basket as well:
- Last fall Raquelle at Out of the Past did a DVD Boxed Set Review – Humphrey Bogart – The Essential Collection which also included a video review where she shows off the physical set. Following that Raquelle embarked on a 24 Bogie Movie Marathon where she covered individual titles from within the set, including many that are airing Wednesday: Beat the Devil (1954); The Maltese Falcon (1941); In A Lonely Place (1950); plus 21 more!
- Film Noir of the Week is a great place to go shopping for Bogie posts, here’s Steve-O’s take on High Sierra (1941)
- In honor of the photo I chose for this post we go to Skeins of Thought for Moira Finnie’s well researched look at Mayo Methot
- Not to shortchange Lauren Bacall, here’s William Ahearn on The Big Sleep (1946)
- Classic Film Guide looks at all 3 versions of The Maltese Falcon (and doesn’t trash Satan Met a Lady!)
- At least I put myself last. Surfboards and Humphrey Bogart Posters on Immortal Ephemera takes a look at the beginnings of the Cult of Bogie
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Humphrey Bogart, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Humphrey Bogart Found! August 17 on TCM Summer Under the Stars