Wednesday’s post: Joan Blondell
I love The Killers, I’m so glad TCM is airing it as part of their Summer Under the Stars tribute to Burt Lancaster. Love the Hemingway short story, in fact, the Nick Adams Stories are about all I do like by Hemingway, and I love the Robert Siodmak movie. It was my introduction to film noir as a teen and I still can’t turn away from it. I even have a soft spot for the 1964 remake, because where else are you going to be able to see Ronald Reagan and Norman Fell in the same shot?
Burt Lancaster on TCM, Thursday, August 25
- 6:00 am – Jim Thorpe — All American (1951)
- 8:00 am – His Majesty O’Keefe (1954)
- 10:00 am – Trapeze (1956)
- 12:00 pm – Sweet Smell of Success (1957)
- 2:00 pm – South Sea Woman (1953)
- 4:00 pm – Brute Force (1947)
- 6:00 pm – A Child Is Waiting (1963)
- 8:00 pm – The Leopard (1963)
- 11:30 pm – The Killers (1946)
- 1:30 am – Seven Days in May (1964)
- 3:45 am – Scorpio (1973)
*All times EST; Schedule for TCM in the U.S.
This trading card has a blank back so there’s no way to no who issued it or where it came from, but I did receive it in a package from Europe so any investigation should begin there. Black and white real photo with a glossy finish:
- C.K. Dexter Haven has some Burt Lancaster coverage over on Hollywood Dreamland including Against Type, a look at the 1995 Lancaster biography by Gary Fishgall, and a more general post, Random Raves: Burt Lancaster
- I love that Classic Film Guide’s look at Lancaster tells us that Burt was “never a whiny punk”
- Haven’t returned to Greenbriar Picture Shows in a few days, and believe me, there’s so much info there I could point there almost every day, but here’s a look at Sweet Smell of Success with Lancaster which airs on TCM at noon EST
- Riku Writes Burt Lancaster and The Art of Graceful Acting by Richard Hourula
The online world of Classic Movies is simply found with ClassicMovieSearch.com. Our custom search narrows Google’s focus to only Classic Film sites and blogs making the cream rise ever so much more easily to the top. Try it out:
The image showcased on this page is just one of thousands of vintage movie collectibles available in my eBay Store.
If you just found us you may want to Subscribe to ClassicMovieSearch.com by Email.
Subscribers will receive a new post every day throughout August 2011 covering TCM’s Summer Under the Stars.
[phpbay]Burt Lancaster, 12, 45100, “”, “”, “”, 30[/phpbay]
Comments Off on Burt Lancaster Found! August 25 on TCM Summer Under the Stars